Friday, March 22, 2013

HE HAS SOME NERVE

I talked to Jamie about the “weird” thing and gave him some other, more constructive suggested wording.
Then he said that “when the dust settles” he would like to sit down with me and chat about some stuff. [I’m making the conversation a bit more succinct but there was a bit more back and forth than what is below…]
Me: What stuff?
Jamie: Well you know like where will Sophie go to day care and will she be changing pediatricians and…
Me: I will make all those decisions when it is time to make those decisions. For the past 8 years, I have been making all of those decisions on my own and I have made good ones.
I chose her infant day care because you weren’t there.
I chose her pediatrician because you weren’t there. 
I chose KL [current day care] because you weren’t there. 
When I choose something, I’ll let you know and you will be more than welcome to check it out.
Jamie: I don’t understand where all this hostility is coming from!
Me [in my head]: That’s because you’re dense.
I also reminded him that he’s moved 4 times, got married and had a baby and Sophie has done fine. More than fine. She has “an amazing life.” And now it just got more amazing. 
Also, when did he turn so anxious?
When did he turn into me?? (AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!)

You know how it works with Jeff and his ex Marcy? Marcy tells Jeff, “For the summer, this week Ethan’s going to soccer camp here; this week he’s going to baseball camp here; here’s where they here; here’s what time you need to pick him up on your days and here’s how much you owe.”
You know why? BECAUSE THAT’S NORMAL.
You know why? BECAUSE SHE’S THE CUSTODIAL PARENT.
You know why? BECAUSE SHE’S THE MOTHER.
You know what Jeff says about it? “Whew! Summer is taken care of!”

I’m sorry but he’s got a lot of nerve trying to butt into all Sophie’s caregiving decisions all of the sudden when I’ve made all the major decisions because HE WASN’T THERE!!

Remember the whole dentist debacle? Guess who chose the new dentist? Yep, me.
ETC TO INFINITY.

Now Jamie just sent me a text:
I know u don’t need it. Just wanted u to know you have my full support to make this a smooth transition for Sophie. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.

Well there’s a sure hell of a lot I’d like to tell him in response to that but I’m going to let him stew. Yeah thanks buddy. I’ll be sure to let you know if I need your help, after all, you’ve been SO HELPFUL in the past 8 years.
Don’t wait by the phone, fucker.

My friend Karla thinks that this wedding is ‘rocking his world’ more than he probably ever thought it would or would want it to. She mentioned that after all, it’s always been HIM making all the changes: moving to a new house, having his girlfriend move in, getting married, having a baby…and now the tables are turned and he can’t handle it.
Because he’s a control freak.
And if Karla’s right? I AM LAUGHING MY ASS OFF.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SHOUT IT!